The recording feature has been tested on computers, tablets and phones (Apple, Android, Windows) on browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, using versions within the last 2 years. If recording doesn't work for you, the best bet is to update your browser to the latest version.
Players can record on any device (computer, phone, tablet) and can use anything from the device's built-in microphone, to low or high-end external recording tools. This will result in different levels of audio quality in any given Scene.
"Gigs" are VoiceReact's equilavent of game credits. They are earned by creating and completing a Scene (+1 Gig) and can be redeemed to use new/upcoming features and game modes.
1 Gig will be earned when you create and complete your own "Classic" or "All Ears" (game mode) Scenes. That means you will need to record at least the first AND last Rounds of the Scene to earn the Gig. If you record Round 1, are absent, and another Player ends up recording the final Round, you will not get the Gig.
- Create your own Custom Scenarios for a Scene [ Cost: 1 Gig ]
- Solo mode, ie. voice an entire Scene yourself [ Cost: 2 Gigs ]
- ReEnact mode, ie. quote from TV/movies/etc. [ Cost: 3 Gigs ]
- Classic: the original version of VoiceReact. Based on the kids game "Telephone", Players of new Rounds can only hear and respond to the one previous Player's recording, not all of them.
- All Ears: Players of new Rounds get to hear all the previous Rounds recordings, so they can build onto the Scene.
- Solo: a Player can voice multiple characters by themselves to create a conversation, "talking to themselves".
- ReEnact (coming soon): quote or do impressions of characters from TV/movies/games/books/etc scenes.
Invites are sent to random Players registered on VoiceReact. Invites after a Round is played or skipped are sent to Players who have recorded at least one line for a Scene and logged into the site within the last 72 hours. Invites that aren't responded to (ie. played or skipped) will expire automatically after 24 hours.
To keep a game moving and reduce the waiting time between Rounds, expired Invites will get sent to an active Player who has logged into the site within the last day.
A count is added to a "Listen" when a user plays the at least first line of a Scene or more. Counts are uniquely tied to a registered Player or visitor. Replaying a Scene will not add to the total count.
By default, any emotion can be used during a game. When a new game "switches on" Emotions, Players will be randomly given a different Emotion to apply in their performance for each Round played, based on a tier. The tiers are Basic (6 emotions) and Complex (400+ emotions). They are listed here.
You can request a resend of your confirmation email here.
Scenes are dated and listed in order of the date the Scene was completed by the last Player and made public.
The Rounds choices change to prevent a single Player from playing consecutive Rounds in a row during a game, instead of alternating with a different Player.